Tuesday, July 23, 2013

HI again,
I started this blog so long ago.  I blinked and the time passed way too quickly. I am back and plan to post regularly from this point on.

One thing that has been on my mind lately has been cleaning out  the clutter in my home. I  long to be organized and live a simpler, less cluttered life.   I have decided to challenge myself to take one year and set goals to be more organized and have a tidier home, and work on budgeting our money.  As well as attempt to become better at being frugal, saving money and re-purposing things. It will be a huge undertaking for me. I hope this challenge will grow and stretch me beyond where I am today.
 I plan to officially start my challenge on August 1, 2013.  Right now I am working out a few plans.

 Step 1:
 To begin piling things up for a yard sale. I love going to yard sales, but hate having them. I have always felt they are a ton of work with a small reward. My neighbor and her family has a big multi-family sale every year and is very successful with it. Each year she invites me to bring a few things over and I decline. Too much work I say. This year I am digging in and taking her up on her invitation. I am blessed to have a free space to store all of the yard sale intended stuff.  I fill a box and take it over to storage. It helps that is it completely out of sight and out of mind. I can't wait to see how much stuff I end up with!

The money I make from the yard sale will go towards paying down our bills. Like most other Americans,we are in debt. Thankfully we aren't in HUGE debt. But any debt is still debt. Part of my plan is to be on a budget, pay off our bills and eventually pay our mortgage in full! Another part of working toward being debt free is helping our daughter with her college tuition and college expenses. My hope is she will graduate with a very little left to pay.

I will keep you posted on my plans and progress.

My challenge is going to be a lot of work. But I'm ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment